Introduction.

Welcome. This is my personal blog, where I journal about my tarot card of the day, tarot readings, astrology musings, and much more. Every so often, I'll even take requests for readings in request posts. Keep your eyes out for them!

-Amanda

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Dream Interpretation

The Dream:
Last night, I had a dream where I was in a car with my dad and brother, and every cup holder was filled with ketchup bottles. I got out of the car, and I was outside my parents' new apartment in Staten Island.

I then had a horrible fight with my mother. In it, she said she often tries to forget I was born. I was of course very upset in my dream, and I replied that I would never forgive her.

She left, and I then looked down from the apartment building (a large, square window) and saw two dolls on the grass, one of which I received in my childhood. It was damp outside, and I remember worrying they would get wet.

Then I was on the phone, calling my boyfriend Adam, but my phone died. I also had my brother's phone instead of mine for some reason.

The Symbols:
(from Dreammoods.com)
  • Automobile: To dream that you are riding in a car, signifies that even in pleasant situations, you will still be restless and uneasy.
  • Father: To see your father in your dream, symbolizes authority and protection. It suggests you need to be more self-reliant. Consider also your waking relationship with your father.
  • Brother: To see your brother in your dream, may symbolize some aspect of your relationship with him.
  • Ketchup: A sign that you are being kept guessing by a handsome and intriguing member of the opposite sex.
  • Yard: A messy and unkempt yard denotes that some aspects of your life are out of your control.
  • Building: To see a building, represents the self and the body. How high you are in the building indicates a rising level of understanding or awareness.
  • Mother: To dream that you are having a conversation with your mother, denotes a matter that has preoccupied your mind and you are not sure how to deal with it in your waking life. It indicates unresolved problems that still need to be worked out with your mother.
  • Fighting: To dream that you are fighting, means inner turmoil. Some aspect of yourself is in conflict with another aspect of yourself. Perhaps an unresolved or unacknowledged part is fighting to be heard.
  • Window: To dream you are looking out of a window, signifies your outlook on life, your point-of-view, and intuition. You may be reflecting on a decision and seeking guidance. Or you need to go out into the larger world and experience life.
  • Square: To see a square in your dream, denotes your need for more stability. It may also represent strength and and solidity. You may feel limited in expressing yourself.
  • Doll: To see a doll in your dream represents childhood innocence and light-hearted fun.
  • Grass: To see green grass in your dream suggests that there is a part of yourself you can always rely on. The dream is also symbolic of natural protection.
  • Wet: To see something wet, means that you are drenched or overcome with your emotions. It also represents a spiritual cleansing, rebirth, or renewal.
  • Cell phone: To see or use a cell phone in your dream, indicates that you are being receptive to new information. It also represents your mobility.
  • Phone call: To dream that you are having a telephone conversation with someone you know, signifies an issue you need to confront with this person. This issue may have to do with letting go of some part of yourself.
  • Boyfriend: To see or talk to your boyfriend in your dream represents your waking relationship with him and how you feel about him.
The Interpretation:
Lately, I'm always feeling uneasy and restless, no matter what the situation. Also, because I was with my father, it makes sense that uneasiness was a part of how I felt. The ketchup bottles I suppose represented Adam in my life, and how his feelings and what he is thinking is always mysterious to me. At home, I'm not in control of my life and feel dependent. But as I get older, I understand this, and try and move away from it. I look back on my childhood, but at the same time there is a part of me that always holds on to my past innocence and happy memories to keep me strong.
The fight with my mother probably has to do with the guilt I feel about argument we've had and how I've said cruel things to her. I often wonder how she can forgive me, but she always does. I still need to apologize to her and thank her for that. It is also her birthday coming up. Towards the end of the dream, I keep trying to call Adam, but it keeps disconnecting. I suppose this is representative of the lack of communication. I rely on him for support when I'm upset, but we still don't really talk.

All this makes sense to me. But what bothers me sometimes is that there are particular symbols in my dream that I feel are important, like wet grass, and it won't be in there. But stranger things - like a fireplace damper! - will be. I'm sure there is a more inclusive, specific dream dictionary out there, but I don't know of it. I suppose I'll have to keep looking, but this will do for now.

No comments: